
Almost half a million footy fans lose their minds as one of the AFL's brightest young stars reveals his surprising hidden talent
It comes as the Tigers star might need surgery after re-injuring his left hamstring just moments into his return on Saturday against Geelong.
The Tigers later issued a statement on Monday to confirm that his season was over.
But prior to his side's clash against the Cats, the 18-year-old dropped a video of himself performing a cover of 'Madeline', by US singer Zach Bryan on social media.
The youngster stunned, as he showcased his flawless vocals while playing an acoustic guitar.
It is the first video the footy star has published on his Tik Tok channel, and garnered over 52,000 likes on the clip, while the clip has been played over 561,000 times.
'This is dope,' Collingwood star Isaac Quaynor commented, while others were left shocked by his hidden talent.
'Woah, Sam Lalor can sing,' wrote another TikTok user.
'Sam you're actually amazing,' another said.
It comes after Adelaide star Izak Rankine had dazzled footy fans by showing off his vocals, belting out Maroon 5's 'She Will be Loved' during a live television performance ahead of Gather Round in April, and some fans demanded the Tiger's star and the Crows midfielder.
One added: 'Just waiting on a Sam Lalor x Izak Rankine Collab.'
Iconic social media duo Shepmates commented: 'What can't this man do.'
Lalor has succumbed to a hamstring injury for the third time, previously injuring it before he was drafted last year and then in the May Dreamtime at the 'G match against Essendon.
The Tigers were cautious, holding him back for a week, but he limped off GMHBA Stadium after tackling Tom Atkins early in the first quarter.
Footy fans took to the comments to laud the young Richmond star on his incredible talent
'We are all devastated for the young man, and I am sure our fans are too,' Richmond high-performance manager Ben Serpell said.
'The injury mechanism here for Sam this time was very different to his original injury mechanism.
'He sustained the injury in a tackle. I think anyone who throws their body at the game as he did, and credit to him for doing that, is going to put their body at some risk irrespective of their injury history.'
Given Lalor's terrible injury history, he might undergo surgery on the hamstring.
'We are a bit concerned about the integrity of the hamstring structure,' Serpell said.
'As part of that we will consult a few surgeons over the next little while to see if there is some surgical intervention available for us.'
Elsewhere, Nik Cox's concussion history has also ended his AFL season while two other Bombers will need surgery, with injury-plagued Zach Reid's season cut short again due to last week's hamstring injury.
Jye Caldwell suffered a syndesmosis injury in Saturday's loss to Gold Coast and will be out indefinitely as he goes under the knife.
Sydney also received bad news on Monday, with forward Joel Amartey likely out for the rest of the season with a high-grade adductor strain, and Tom Papley sidelined for two to three weeks with a hamstring injury.
Adelaide forward Josh Rachele has avoided ligament damage, but he will still need knee surgery after landing awkwardly in Sunday's win over Melbourne. The Crows are unsure when he will return.
The AFL's concussion panel, which last month recommended West Coast defender Jeremy McGovern should retire on medical grounds, gave Cox hope he will resume his playing career.
While Cox will not play this year due to his concussion problems, the panel gave him a pathway to make an AFL comeback after meeting him last month.
Cox is, though, upbeat about his future after being told by the concussion panel he can resume his AFL career.
'While I'm disappointed that I won't return to the field for the remainder of the 2025 season, this time away from the game will be used to focus fully on my health, recovery, and building the strongest possible foundation heading into pre-season,' Cox said.
'I've learned a lot about myself over the past few months, and I'm more motivated than ever to get back to doing what I love.
'My focus now is on continuing to work closely with specialists and the club to make sure I'm in the best place physically and mentally to return to football.'
The Swans, who beat Fremantle on Sunday, confirmed their injury news in a brief statement on Monday night, saying Amartey would be out for eight to 12 weeks.
With seven home-and-away rounds left before the pre-finals bye, Amartey could be fit in time for the start of September, but it would take a remarkable run by Sydney to reach the play-offs.
Hashtags

Try Our AI Features
Explore what Daily8 AI can do for you:
Comments
No comments yet...
Related Articles


Daily Mail
19 minutes ago
- Daily Mail
TikTok troublemaker 'Mizzy', 20, insists he's turning his life around after the birth of his second child
TikTok troublemaker ' Mizzy ' has declared that he is turning his life around and looking to the future following the recent birth of his second child. The 20-year-old Londoner sparked outrage for his vile 'pranks' shared online which included walking into strangers' houses, stealing an elderly woman's dog, ripping up library books and asking random passers-by, 'Do you want to die?'. In 2023, he was sentenced to 18 weeks in prison for breaking a court order that blocked him from filming people without their consent, with a judge informing him that his social media stunts were 'not funny'. But now the notorious TikTok terror, whose real name is Bacari-Bronze O'Garro, has revealed his hopes to make a better future for both himself and his two children - the youngest of whom was born a month ago, with the elder now aged two. Sharing that he is now focused on 'growth, responsibility and having a purpose', O'Garro insisted he had 'learned' from his 'past mistakes'. Speaking to The Star, the content creator said: 'The main thing I'm motivated by is my family, especially my newborn and my first child, because I'm focused on building a better future for myself and them. 'If I was going the way I was going, I probably would have ended up in jail for how long. Having these two young ones, I'm going to prove to myself and others I can do things the right way.' Adding that his extreme pranks were due to his once 'impulsive' nature, O'Garro said that he previously believed he would get online fame from going viral, but had failed to consider the consequences. The 20-year-old Londoner sparked outrage for his vile 'pranks' shared online which included walking into strangers' houses, stealing an elderly woman's dog and ripping up library books He did, however, insist that he has no regrets, stating that to harbor regret 'means I'm regretting my past, my life story'. Last April, the father-of-two announced that he had returned to college to 'change my life around'. He did not, however, issue an apology to any of the individuals he tormented and ominously declared that he would be 'returning to social media'. Taking to social media platform X to share the news, O'Garro wrote: 'The day I came out of jail I told myself I am never going back and that imma do whatever it takes to change my life around so I can do better for my child and the people around me. [sic] 'So I went back to college, started looking for loads of jobs and signed up to a CSCS course.' He added: 'Now I'm trying to progress further in different aspects of my life and change any negative perceptions on me and of course I won't be able to change everyone's mind due to how I've portrayed myself in the past on social media, but I hopefully resonate with the people who understand. 'Yes, I will be returning to socials and posting videos eventually but only in a way that will prevent me from being in risk of harm and anyone else. 'So make sure your following up because the return of Mizzy could be sooner than you think*' In May 2023, O'Garro was ordered by Thames Magistrates' Court 'not to upload directly or indirectly, any original video content on social media, without prior documented consent of the people in that content' In May 2023, O'Garro was ordered by Thames Magistrates' Court 'not to upload directly or indirectly, any original video content on social media, without prior documented consent of the people in that content'. The content creator shared a photo of him leaving HMP Thameside on X. Then, just a month later, MailOnline revealed how the troublemaker, of Hackney, east London, had been taken to Thames Magistrates' Court on suspicion of a tag breach. A spokesman for the Met Police confirmed that the case was withdrawn by the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS), and that Mizzy was released with no further action. Releasing a video that showed the moment he was arrested by police officers captioned: 'The Matrix sent their agents', Mizzy appeared to refute allegations that he was not home when police tried to install his tag. An officer claimed that on June 12, just after midnight, police visited the residence and Mizzy did not appear to be in. The teen claims he was asleep. The video was posted just one day after he shared footage of himself sneaking through an open flat door while its residents sit on the balcony. Mizzy was then seen opening two bedroom doors and laughing until the homeowners notice, running towards him. He is then chased out the flat by a barking Alsatian. Mizzy previously shared footage of himself sneaking through an open flat door while its residents sit on the balcony. He was then seen opening two bedroom doors and laughing until the homeowners notice, running towards him In November 2023, a court ruled that he 'deliberately and intentionally' flouted the order requiring documented consent just hours after it had been imposed. During a trial at Stratford Magistrates Court, it was heard how O'Garro began sharing videos of people without their consent at Westfield Stratford, a location he had been banned from under the court order, 'within hours' of the criminal behaviour order being passed. Other videos shared on O'Garro's Snapchat account, which were also in breach, showed him grabbing hold of a schoolboy by his uniform and another showed him fighting a man with dwarfism, which O'Garro claimed were hoax videos made with their prior agreement. O'Garro's claim that one of his friends, who had access to his login details, posted the Twitter videos without his consent, was dismissed by Judge Matthew Bone as 'inconceivable'. Judge Bone also highlighted the fact that on May 24, the same day the criminal behaviour order was imposed, O'Garro had appeared on Piers Morgan's TalkTV show Uncensored and slated the UK's criminal justice system. Later that evening, in the video posted from Westfield Stratford, O'Garro said to the camera: 'I'm banned from this place, I can't go in here. The UK law is a joke.' District Judge Bone found him guilty 'on two occasions of an intentional and a deliberate challenge to this order' - for the video filmed at Westfield, and for footage in which he 'roughed up' a schoolboy and a man with dwarfism and posted the video to Snapchat on July 7, 2023. O'Garro was found not guilty of breaching the order for two videos – one, posted to X, of him cycling around a Sainsburys, and another which showed him doing the same through a Jobcentre. O'Garro was found not guilty of breaching the order for two videos – one, posted to X, of him cycling around a Sainsburys (pictured), and another which showed him doing the same through a Jobcentre The youngster was sentenced to 18 weeks at a young offenders' institution due to the age at which he committed the offence. As he sentenced him, Judge Bone said O'Garro's actions had been motivated by a desire to 'receive money and designer clothes from sponsors'. He continued: 'Your further offending was motivated by your desire to be famous. Your actions caused innocent members of the public significant harm and distress. 'You claimed on national television the law was weak. Put bluntly, your pranks are not funny.' He added: 'I concede that there may be some prospect of rehabilitation in the community, and I accept the mitigation. 'But it must be clearly understood by all that for such an immediate breach of the criminal behaviour order, detention is what is appropriate. 'The defendant caused ordinary members of the public harassment, alarm, and distress – and then profited from that. I want to ensure this does not happen again.' District Judge Bone also strengthened O'Garro's already existing criminal behaviour order, banning him from posting videos on social media for the next two years. He said: 'Following application by the prosecutor, I am satisfied that the criminal behaviour order you were subjected to should be strengthened. 'Your allure to fame is clear, meaning you need further help so as to not reoffend. 'Therefore, for two years starting from today, you must not publish or share or attempt to publish or share any video footage; you must not act with anyone else to publish or share or attempt to publish or share any video footage; and you must not contribute to any social media account other than your own. 'You must not trespass on any private property, or enter the E20 postcode area of London, unless travelling on public transport for pre-arranged child arrangements.' In mitigation remarks, Barrister Paul Lennon, defending O'Garro, urged the court to consider his young age and his personal circumstances, insisting that he was 'actively trying to better himself'. He added: 'Mr O'Garro was 18 at the time of the offending. 'He is currently studying at Haringey Sixth Form College. At the end of the course, which I am told he is performing extremely well on, he will have the opportunity to move on to higher education. 'He is predicted to achieve a distinction. He is very academic, very hands-on, and his timekeeping is good. 'He has recently gained employment as a waiter at a restaurant in Islington. 'In terms of his family relationships, his relationship with his mother is both good and bad. He has not had any contact with his father since he was two years old. 'He has two sisters, who he has good relationships with. One sister is in court today. 'His relationship with the mother of his child is difficult, but he still attempts to have as much time with his child as he can. 'The clear factor in mitigation here is his age, his immaturity. But he is in college, he is employed, he is actively trying to better himself.' But District Judge Bone refused to hand O'Garro only a community sentence, although he did say he had taken mitigation into account – in particular his age, the fact that 'he did not have the best start in life', and the 'helpful character statement provided by Haringey College for the pre-sentencing report.' Speaking outside court, Yasmin Lalani – Detective Chief Inspector at the Central East Command for the Met Police, said: 'I think it is appropriate sentence when you have disregard for the law. 'I hope that he gets some help in the Youth Offenders Institution. Hopefully he will get some help that will prevent him from reoffending. 'I think this is a loud and clear message that nobody is above the law and that you have got to be held accountable.'


Daily Mail
an hour ago
- Daily Mail
Live Aid wouldn't happen today because everyone is too glued to their phones, claims Ultravox frontman Midge Ure
Midge Ure yesterday said Live Aid could never be repeated today because everyone is too 'busy looking at screens'. The former Ultravox frontman – who organised the mega-concert with Bob Geldof – says that while technological advances should make putting on such a large event easier, they have also brought with them too many distractions. Live Aid saw rock royalty take to the stage simultaneously at Wembley Stadium and Philadelphia 40 years ago today and was watched by more than two billion people worldwide – raising an astonishing £150 million for African famine relief. Ure, 71, told the Today programme on BBC Radio 4: 'Everyone's all over the place. Everyone's too busy looking at screens. 'Technically, you could organise it easier, but these days you have so many distractions. 'Forty years ago, music was the be all and end all. You didn't have smartphones. You didn't have the internet. You didn't have 24-hour anything at all. 'There were no distractions. You had no video games. You had none of that stuff. So, you could focus.' He added: 'I can't quite believe I'm still here and the fact that we're still talking about Band Aid and Live Aid at 40 years old, it's quite magnificent. 'It's a life beyond the life we ever thought it would have.' Ure said that the concert was organised over three months using telephone and telex to book artists with Geldof telling white lies about who was signed up. He said: 'I think the reality is that Bob lied, quite blatantly, when he announced Live Aid. 'He said that various people were doing it when they hadn't actually agreed. It was a little bit of Bob manipulation really.' He brushed off criticism which has seen Live Aid accused of 'white saviourhood', arguing that watching millions die of starvation in Africa would have been worse. Recalling when he fronted a radio programme for the BBC about a children's circus in South Africa, he said: 'I was speaking to the person that ran the circus who was trying to integrate all the kids there, all the different ethnicities. 'And I said, "Well, how does that help?" And he said, "Well, if you're 30ft off the ground on a trapeze, and somebody reaches a hand out to grab you, you don't care what colour that hand is". And that's exactly what we did.'


Daily Mail
an hour ago
- Daily Mail
So why DID Adele miss her best friend's 50th? Insiders tell KATIE HIND the singer would have had a ‘very special reason' – this is the tantalising clue from her Las Vegas concerts
It was arguably the biggest music industry party of the summer so far. Held earlier this month at the sprawling Wiltshire home of Lucy Dickins – the long-serving agent and close friend of singer Adele – the three-day extravaganza to mark her 50th birthday had gathered together some of the biggest stars and executives in the business and beyond.