logo
Murder charge over death in suburban park

Murder charge over death in suburban park

Yahoo4 hours ago
A man has been charged with murder over the death of 29-year-old Trevor Doyle.
Mr Doyle was found dead on a footpath at Reserve Park at Slacks Creek, in Brisbane's south, on Wednesday morning by a local resident.
Having initially suspected Mr Doyle met someone at the park before an attack, police on Sunday charged a 28-year-old Slacks Creek man with his murder.
He was additionally charged with breaching a domestic violence order and drug offences, after police raided two houses on Sunday morning.
He is set to face the Beenleigh Magistrates Court on Monday.
Speaking a day after the body was found, police indicated Mr Doyle went to the park on Tuesday night between 7pm and Wednesday morning.
They did not know how long he had been dead in the park, and could not find a weapon in the immediate area.
Friends took to social media to pay tribute to Mr Doyle, fondly remembered for being a good friend at the Indigenous Murri School in Brisbane and a keen dancer.
Orange background

Try Our AI Features

Explore what Daily8 AI can do for you:

Comments

No comments yet...

Related Articles

Three arrested in murder investigation after woman fatally assaulted
Three arrested in murder investigation after woman fatally assaulted

Yahoo

time28 minutes ago

  • Yahoo

Three arrested in murder investigation after woman fatally assaulted

Three arrested in murder investigation after woman fatally assaulted Three men have been arrested in a murder investigation that was launched after a woman in her 20s was fatally assaulted, police said. The Metropolitan Police were called to Chadwell Heath, east London, just after 5.30am on Saturday after reports of an assault. Paramedics also attended but the woman was pronounced dead at the scene in Chadwell Heath Lane, the force said. A 35-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and two men, aged 21 and 22, were arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender, it added on Sunday. 'Early enquiries by detectives indicate this is an isolated incident and those involved are believed to be known to each other', the Met said. A cordon is in place and a police tent was erected in the driveway to a residential care home. The woman has not yet been formally identified but officers believe she was in her 20s. The victim's family have been informed and are being supported by family liaison officers, the force added. Detective Superintendent Brian Hobbs said: 'Our thoughts remain with the victim's family and friends in light of this truly tragic event. 'Although we have now made arrests, local residents will continue to see an increased number of officers in and around the area while our investigative work is carried out. 'I would ask anyone who was in the area of Romford, who may have seen or heard anything suspicious, to speak to us.' Anyone with any information about the incident is asked to contact police via 101 quoting 1625/16Aug, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Man arrested after mobility scooter driver 'punched in the head' in South Shields
Man arrested after mobility scooter driver 'punched in the head' in South Shields

Yahoo

time28 minutes ago

  • Yahoo

Man arrested after mobility scooter driver 'punched in the head' in South Shields

A man in his 70s has been arrested after a mobility scooter driver was left in a critical condition in hospital after allegedly being punched in the head. Northumbria Police said officers received a report shortly before 3.30pm on Saturday of a serious assault at Whiteleas Way roundabout, at the junction with Nevinson Avenue, in South Shields. An altercation was said to have taken place between a man in a Nissan Micra and a man travelling on a mobility scooter. The man in the car allegedly got out and punched the victim in the head and neck, causing him to fall to the ground. Emergency crews attended and the victim - a man in his 60s - was taken to hospital with serious head injuries, where he remains in a critical condition. A man in his 70s was arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm with intent, police said. Read more from Sky News: The suspect has been released on bail pending further inquiries. The force has appealed to the public for information, saying it is "keen to trace any witnesses who were in the area at the time".

Death investigation of high school wrestler underway in Hampshire, Illinois
Death investigation of high school wrestler underway in Hampshire, Illinois

CBS News

time30 minutes ago

  • CBS News

Death investigation of high school wrestler underway in Hampshire, Illinois

Police are investigating after a teenage boy was fatally shot Saturday night while inside a residence in Hampshire, Illinois. Hampshire police said around 11:30 p.m., officers responded to the residence in the 100 block of High Street for a report of a shooting. Arriving officers found a 17-year-old boy from Hampshire suffering from a gunshot wound, who died at the scene. His identity was not released. The uncle of the victim said the teen was a wrestler from Hampshire High School. Police said the shooting was an isolated incident with no ongoing threat to the community. No further information was available. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Hampshire Police Department at 847-630-2240 or 630-232-8400. The Pingree Grove Police Department, Gilberts Police Department, Kane County Sheriff's Office, and Investigators from the Kane County Major Crimes Task Force assisted in the response.

DOWNLOAD THE APP

Get Started Now: Download the App

Ready to dive into a world of global content with local flavor? Download Daily8 app today from your preferred app store and start exploring.
app-storeplay-store